We here at JPToys encourage a relaxed atmosphere to discuss Jurassic Park related topics, and even occasional off-topic conversation. While we would rather not have any rules at all, there are some basic posting guidelines that we will be enforcing, as to keep a professional atmosphere in our forum.
- In order to use all the features of the JPToys Forum you must first register. Membership is free. Don't worry about getting any promotion e-mails, you won't. Your personal data will under no circumstances be given/sold to third parties. The only personal data visible for other members is your e-mail address and your age. If you don't want others to see either of them, you can choose to hide them in your profile. JPToys is non-profit and the only reason why new members have to register, is because we like to keep a certain level of 'maturity' on the forum.
- Proceed to the forums via the Forum button below.
- Click on register at the top of the Forum page. NOTE: Our host, Proboards, confirmed that activation e-mails frequently don't make it to Hotmail or Windows Live e-mail addresses. Please use another e-mail address to register, like Gmail, AOL or Yahoo.
- Create your JPToys Forum profile. (Be sure to pick a name and password you can remember!)
- Get started!
- No double posting. If you which to add something to your previous post, you can click the 'modify' button.
- Members are to respect the designated TOPIC AREAS when posting their message. If a member fails to post a thread to the designated Topic, JPToys moderators are allowed to move the thread to the appropriate Topic.
- No posting live auction links (except your own). If you want to show someone a picture featured in an auction, find the properties of that picture and post that URL directly.
- Please do not post any profanity (harsh or mild) or pornography in the forum.
- Please, no posting in all caps. For one, it's hard to read and also considered as yelling or screaming.
- No panhandling posts which consist of requests for money and donations.
- No deliberate hi-jacking of threads. Wandering off-topic is allowed. If the author of a thread feels his or her post is being deliberately hi-jacked, he/she may contact the admin via PM.
No intentional maliciously-aligned personal attacks! We will not tolerate this. Friendly disagreement is okay,
joking with each-other is okay, "emotisparring" (*clobbers armothe w/ hammer*) is moderately tolerable (no guns plz),
even heated debates are okay. A personal attack consists of a premeditated outburst in which the accused intentionally calls another member/s
inappropriate names, and the recipient is legitimately offended.
Saying "your post is lame" is not considered a personal attack.
Saying "it is obvious that you are an idiot" IS a personal attack - and subject to consequence.
If you have a problem with another member's comments in a posted thread, DO NOT respond with any further comments that will aggravate the situation. Members have two options of recourse....
- Send a private message to any of the moderators, directing them to the individual and thread that the problem occurs in.
- Resolve the problem between both of you via private messages or e-mail.
- JPToys applies the 3-strike rule to any offender. If a member fails to stick by the rules, he/she will receive an official warning. The second official warning is the turning point: stick by the rules, because the third time the rules are violated it's an instant ban.